Restoring Children's Rights
Despite taking significant steps towards a confident, secure and inclusive future, India faces significant challenges in upholding and securing the childhoods of all 400 million of her children.
Some relevant facts:
- 33 million children have never been to school
- 25-30 million children spend their lives on the streets
- 40% children are underweight and almost 45% children are stunted
- 74 children out of 1000 do not live to see their 5th birthday
- 77 million children do not have access to drinking water from tap
In summary, millions of children and the communities they live in continue to have little access to India’s economic growth story. Every child out of school and living an unhealthy life finds herself deprived of her right to a life of equal opportunity and dignity. Your thoughtful gift to CRY as blessings to the couple through Wedding Wishlist will be used to fund the various initiatives of CRY and helping our planet in a positive way.