Project DEFY aims to reclaim the meaning of education and break the existing factory-model of learning, by helping communities create their own schools. These schools are called Nooks. The two basic tenets of our approach are – “learning happens naturally” and “information is available freely”. We, therefore, went ahead and created our own school, and our own learning environment, which has no teachers, no exams; where people of different ages and background learn together out of curiosity, and knowledge sharing. We call these schools “Nooks”. Nook is a corner that offers a sense of security. The Hindi version of Nook is even better – it is called Nukkad (नुक्कड़) which is that corner of the street where people gather in their free time. For us, it is our space where kids and adults can safely express, experiment and experience different domains of learning, and find their interests. Project DEFY is reaching out to communities who are distraught with the inefficiency of current education systems, and helping them to create their own Nooks – self-learning.
- You hereby agree and acknowledge that CherryTin is your duly authorised agent and can collect contributions towards chosen charities on your behalf.
- All remittances made to the charity chosen by you will be routed through a third-party payment processor. The payment processor fee may vary from provider to provider.
- Remittances can be made solely through online payment methods like domestic credit or debit card, e-wallet or net banking. Payments made through cash, international credit cards, cheques, cryptocurrency and demand drafts will not be accepted.
- CherryTin shall charge an agency fee, as agreed with you beforehand, exclusive of payment gateway charges and GST, on the remittances. This agency fee may vary from charity to charity. You hereby authorise CherryTin to collect its agency fees directly from the funds collected, before remitting the amounts to the respective charities.
- Any contributions received will be transferred to the chosen charity once you close your Wishlist, within 30 days past your wedding date. You will be notified of your contributions and gift messages.